5 Ways To Save On Janitorial Costs
As any facility manager knows, keeping janitorial costs low is an essential part of running a successful business. Costs like waste disposal, cleaning supplies, and the cost of labor can all add up to big expenses in no time. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be that way; with some smart decision-making and creative problem solving you can reduce your janitorial costs while still maintaining a high level of cleanliness. In this blog post, we’ll discuss 5 ways that you can keep your janitorial costs down and make sure that you’re always getting the most out of your budget. So buckle up & let’s get started on our mission toward efficient expenses!
- Make Trash Collection easy – pulling trash, replacing the bag and professionally tying it so it doesn’t fall in, takes a lot of time. Cut down on what the cleaning company will charge you for labor by having your staff replace and tie their trash can liner. So, all the cleaning staff needs to do is grab the trash and move on to the next office. You can also put the trash can outside the door, or an easy place for the cleaning staff to grab it, for example, right by the door.
- Clean items/tasks should be on a sensible schedule – All cleaning company managers have been there, the request to clean something far too often that it needs to be. They charge for it and then clean it less often than asked. For example, have your staff leave their door open if the floor needs vacuuming. Or, weekly buffing on a floor may be a bit too much. Talk to a few cleaning company managers and see if you’re asking for a reasonable schedule for the item/task in question.
- Professional Staffing – One of the most effective ways to save on commercial cleaning costs is to make sure that janitorial staff is well-trained and efficient in their duties. Utilizing tools such as checklists and schedules can help janitorial staff stay organized, reducing time spent on tasks. Make sure that your cleaning staff is familiar with the specific tasks. Most areas like bathrooms and breakrooms have a standard time it takes to be cleaned, based on the amount of traffic it receives.
- Equipment – quality labor-saving equipment pays off in the long run. High-quality equipment saves time, effort, and possible injuries to the team member. If the equipment is maintained and operated correctly, you will get many years out of your investment.
- By Quality Chemicals in Bulk – One of the most effective ways to save on cleaning supplies is to buy in bulk. Buying supplies in bulk can save you money by reducing the cost of buying individual items. By purchasing larger quantities, businesses also save money on shipping and handling costs. Many supply companies have mountable stations that will dispense and mix the concentrated chemical for you, to save space, time, money, and safety costs.